Sunday, April 12, 2009

Visit from a Dog

The old men were not the only visitors I had over the weekend.
I went out to the shop with Au and as I was driving into the house on my return, a dog appeared to have followed us into the house. It was drizzling and being the girl she is, Au asked to let the dog in so that it wouldn't get wet. I saw no harm and did just that. I even left the door half open so that it could go out anytime it wanted too.

Doggy came in, look around the porch and sat down near the door. At one point he went under the car so we presumed it wanted the warmth of the engine.

Few minutes later, he decided to survey the house and went to the side garden to the back of the house. He next made himself comfortable at the open kitchen. By that time the rain has stopped and I decided the visit should end. Not being much of an animal lover myself, I just sent Au to shoo the dog off. She tried, he refused to move, grandma tried, he took a walk and came back to the same spot. Ad tried and had no success.
I was rushing off to a dinner with Ad so I decided to leave it as it is. Maybe when daddy comes back at 9, he could do something.

Guess what, the dog spent a night at the kitchen and still refused to move this morning when daddy tried his charm! Half an hour later I decided to take a look. I didn't fancy all the fur he was shedding at my floor and I have no intention to do my washing next to the dog.So I decided to talk to the animal. I literally told him that he need to go home. I told him I like him but this is not his home and it is time he goes. Guess what? he stood up, looked at me and slowly walked out of the house! Daddy wouldn't understand how I 'spoke ' to the dog! Well. it doesn't matter. I am no animal lover but neither do I hate them. I just have no strong fancy for them. I am a stickler for cleanliness and I don't fancy bathing, cleaning after them everyday. Maybe one of these days when some inner emotion is sparked off, I will then have a dog but until then smiling at them from a distance is good enough.

No comments: