Friday, April 17, 2009

Chicken Stew, My style

As time goes by, I tend to cook certain dishes my way, without exact measurement and adding ingredients as I feel like it.Just like the chicken stew
For a family of 5
1 kampong chicken cut into7 or 8 pieces, season with salt and pepper, dusted with flour
3 large carrots into chunks
5 potatoes into chunks too
1 tin button mushroom sliced thickly
3 large bombay onions, skinned and quartered
half a bulb of garlic
1 tin Campbell chicken soup
1 tin of water
butter
flour to coat chicken before frying in butter
4 tomatoes skinned and quartered
I like to put the potatoes and carrots first then the rest of the vegetables.
Chicken is on top before pouring in soup and water.
Slow cook once it is boiling.
When I think the chicken is cooked, I take it out and let the rest still slow cook so that the stew is thick and creamy but still chunky. (Chicken not overcooked)
Off the fire when satisfied with consistency. Put in the chicken again.
15 minutes before dinner, heat it up.

I have to confess that I am not sure this is chicken stew but the family loves it . I personally like it because it is soooo simple to cook and has all the nutrients . Good for packing to S'ban too.

2 comments:

djun said...

it is still chicken stew cause the main ingredient is chicken :D anyway, eating is for tummy, so who cares what it is called. you can call it mummy's recipe for the tummy if u like :P

chua said...

heh heh heh I love you