Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blog Metamorphosis

Yesterday, Ad started a counter for my blog. Not that I expected anybody else but me and myself to read it but it was a nice gesture by him. I was supposed to have learn how to go further into it but...........

When I started blogging, I was retiring and wanted to pen my thoughts, feelings and opinions down as I go along. A softer reason was so that my mind will not lie idle and go into Alzheimer mode.

Lately, as I manage to pick up my reading thanks to MPPJ library, I like to leave my comments on articles, friction and non frictional books I picked up.

The other hobby I am putting on gear is baking and cooking. As I like to vary some of the recipes to suit the family's taste, I hope to record them for further reference. For a start, we (the kids and hubby helped) tried out CARROT CUPCAKES from The Idiot Guide. Here is the revised version.

sift
250 g flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
mix
220 g sugar
slightly less than 1 1/2 cups corn oil
4 eggs
2 cups grated carrot
8 0z (slightly less than 1 can of Ayam brand) crushed pineapple with juice
70 g chopped nuts (walnut or almond)
vanilla

Add in sifted ingredients. Fill paper cupcakes casing 1/2 full bake for 20 mins. at 180 C Approx 36 cupcakes

optional cream cheese Icing by creaming
2 oz butter
8 oz cream cheese
vanilla
salt
icing sugar till smooth

frost readied cupcakes

Children, hubby and sister comment good, cook again

No comments: