Thursday, April 23, 2009

As One Age

'As God adds years to your life, ask Him to add life to your years.' Again something stolen from Our Daily Bread but it tickle my thoughts

Whether old age is boring or interesting depends on us and no one else. As we retire, and reach our golden years, we should still take responsibility for our life. This is the time to go into things that have always interest us but had no time for. Some people like to acquire new skills while others new knowledge.It is also wonderful to be able to do things without thinking if is beneficial financially or otherwise, This is the time do do because we want to do and not because we have to do or we need to do or we should do. This is the beauty I am experiencing now. I am blessed that I am comfortable financially with a roof over my head and acceptable good health.

I have taken up so many things and still have more to come. As my hubby reaches 55 (I won't say retire since I am not sure if he will) we should find things to share and do together at the same time not giving up our individual interest. I don't enjoy gardening just as he doesn't fancy books too much but we enjoy cooking.

1 comment:

djun said...

i love both of your cookings. i cannot wait for the day both of you retire and just keep feeding me ... haha but i will be a fat hippo when the time comes :P (note the use of when and not if :P)