Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Visit

During the last 10 years, he used to drop by the school during festivals. He will always have a 'buah tangan' for me. If he can't find me in my room, he will put it on my table and goes off. I used to feel terrible because i know he doesn't come from a well to do background. As a matter of fact, financing his studies after Form six was a problem. How could I take anything from him?.
God was great, around that time PTPTN came about and with his hard work and initiative not forgetting his determination, he finsihed his course in an institution of his choice.
During this visit, his 'buah tangan' was no less but I am so happy to see him with a job he enjoys, giving him benefits he was happy about, have invested in some things at his tender age. All in all, so happy for him.
Another of my little one all grown up!
He may not be a millionaire, he doesn't have a yacht to bring any hollywood star on and he did not write a computer program that brings him world wide fame; but he is independent, happy and on his way to a follow his heart.
Not many teachers may remeber him though he has served his school well. Those who have requested for his help when he was a headboy most probably woulld just today smile and can't remember a single thing he did for them.
But it doesn't matter as in life we do our part and run our own race. We don't teach so that students can thank us. He didn't become a headboy so that the school will be gratefull to him. We teach because we love. He did his duty because he believe it was his to do.
As for me, I am so happy he is what he is today.

No comments: