Sunday, September 19, 2010

42 hours after

Finally I survived her departure. Sad to say, I failed this round. My dam just burst a few instances though I keep thinking of others things to keep me offtrack.

But seeing her happy and settled in Glasgow helps a lot and I feel much better. I know it is still a struggle as the days and weeks ahead but with His Grace, I will be OK.

Now that she is settled, I now turn my attention to myself.I have a few handicraft projects that I hope to complete. I also hope to start my Bible in a Year reading plan as it was something I wanted to do for a few years.
But before that I will need to make some plans (I guess I can't stop being an organiser)to my daily regime. and write it down so that the determination will be stronger . It would include daily chores, my walking regime, library and of course my computer time. The marvel of the net has allowed me and hubby to view her unpacking process and to be part of her organising of her rooms.Only lacking is the physical touching. Sigh.

My doctor's appointments has to be seen too. and all my meetings with friends and students that I have postponed for the last one month not forgetting the plans for the house.

Wow I am a bit overwhelm so I think I will only put it into paper tomorrow when the 2 boys are at work. Another plus point of being a retiree. No dateline to keep!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mrs Yong, although we dont write often but both gareth and i follow through your blog every now and then. We're glad audrey's settled =) and she'll surely do well. Soon, you'll be able to enjoy pak-thor life again with Mr Yong =)=) My best friend is a Dr. at the pharmacy dept doing cancer research - Dr Wong Pui Ee. Pui Ee is a childhood friend and she's wonderful. If you like, you can just let Audrey know to look her up if she needs help.Take care...

chua said...

Thanks Jue Lian.Good to have both of you around. Where is Dr. Wong attached? Audrey's original interest is research and she still enjoys and want to pursue that.Daddy and me decided that she should get a professional degree just in case her interest wane , she has something to fall back on.

Unknown said...

Mrs Yong, as ignorant as I am, i thought it's one big centralised uni. Now I'm not sure how many places there are but what I'll do is just paste Pui Ee's reply to me for your ref. =) and I hope this helps.
BTW, Pui Ee was my bridesmaid at the wedding and she has seen you...
---
Sure, tell Mrs Yong that Audrey can call/email me anytime. I actually don't work at Strathclyde where the pharmacy course is, instead in Glasgow Uni where Audrey would be doing some attachment/tutorials with the med students. BUTTTT guess what? Audrey should hv met me already. I'm still part of the Strath Alumni and I was there with another super senior to greet the batch that arrived & gave them the welcome talk last Sat >.<

Tell Mrs Yong that she can contact me herself too if she needs to ask questions :) Pls give her my yahoo email or if she like she can add me on her FB. Audrey can email me or call my hp: 07795575335. I'm at Strath every Tue nite for cell group, 7pm at their student halls.
wpe_79@yahoo.com

chua said...

You are both so nice. I have just email Audrey Dr Wong's msg.She is also looking for a church.
I told her she can msg Dr W but knowing her she will think it is too presumptuous. Nvmd, pray their path will cross.I will drop Dr Wong a note to thank her. Thank you again Jue Lian for all the trouble

Unknown said...

Anytime, Mrs Yong. Hugs.