Saturday, September 4, 2010

Talks and Hugs

Between the rush of things the last 2 weeks, the family managed a 3 days trip to PD. Sister and hubby joined us in Legend International homes for a 3 king size beds , 2 room booking with a private swimming pool in the room! It is a fantastic deal, the place was spacious, clean (which is very important for me) and has a beautiful public pool too. The pool has waterfall like structures that gives you a good water massage.

More important, it would have been the family's last holiday together before E goes off to Batu Pahat and Au going off to Scotland for a minimum of 2 years. Therefore it was a bittersweet trip for me.

I thank God for a close knit family. I am proud thatmy children are close to me emotional and physically. We hug at every occasion we have. Iremembered how surprised and touched a few teachers were when they saw me hug Ad when he received his SPM results. The boys hug me at home and in public. All three holds my hand as we get down from the car and in every public place.As a matter of fact, it is so natural to me that I had to be awakened only when I read about the prayers in the 40 days fast booklet that it is not the same with most families.My children are no longer small in age but they do snuggle up to me when they kiss me goodnight and say 'I love you". On the same note, I do hug my students too and my teachers and even she who nearly "killed me"! I don't believe in hiding our love and sometimes a human touch makes one feel loved and wanted. (However I do remember that maybe I should restrain when my boys get a girlfriend and especially one that finds the practise a bit alien! ha ha ha)

A holiday is good too because it gave us a opportunity to sit down and talk without interruptions. I noticed with happiness that the five of us talked a lot. We talked after dinner at the table, we talked on skype ( both on nonsence and happenings) and we spend hours having heart to heart talk. Well at least I do! I know daddy will doop off to sleep but I treasure every second I spend with the kids.The hugs and talks are the things I will miss most when the time comes for the changes to take place.

No comments: