Thursday, May 3, 2007

reunions

This must be the season for reunions and meeting up friends. I have been meeting up old friends and picking up old links the last few months. The old girlfriends from form six have been meeting up as all of us approaches our 50th birthdays. We meet up at SF's birthday last year and this year for LS's 5oth. How time pass! It was just like yesterday when we were celebrating 21st birthdays. Apart from that it was nice to keep up on our family and career.
Next, form 5 classmates from Taman Petaling also met up last weekend. Of the 4 that sat down to chat, one is a CEO, one has her own business, the third is a single parent(full time housewife) while I am waiting anxiously to retire. Well 4 different world. sharing thoughts and news but without much linkage. Kinda of like small talk. Hopefully if we meet up more often, the link will be stronger.
This weekend, students who are touching 40 has called up for a reunion too. They started planning more than half a year before this so I couldn't possibly be unavailable! Well let's see how it will turn up.
On the individual scene, an old boy that has sailed into his forties has took the trouble to look me up. Strange to see his classmates photos with pot bellies and pictures of their children that are teenagers. I am yet to meet up with him in person. Once again waiting for some free time after my retirement before meeting up with him. It will be good to see his family and sit down for a chat.
As a teacher, this is one of the unmeasurable success. To be remembered fondly by so many students from all the years. To have so many of them coming to see you every new year; to have sms sharing thoughts, extending congratulations as I move up the line, be there to offer help comfort and a lending ear when they hear I wasn't well. No amount of Anugerah cemerlang and anjakkan can match up to it. As I leave the teaching profession, I can consider myself a success.

No comments: