Saturday, May 12, 2007

busy,busy week

wow, it has been a week of happening.Starting Wednesday night, PIBG meeting, was in suspense if he will ask me to attend. 3 months in the school and I attended all 3 meetings without him!. Didn't start out with a good footing when among the first comments, the president said that the previous PK HEM was very helpful and he hopes that I could do just as much. Too refined to tell him off. I will do my best for the school as I seem best. Love the kids, do my best yes but not serve him or his committee.Afterall I am employed by the government to be a good administrator not paid by him to serve him!
Next on Thursday, meeting the parents of 2 classes on my own as he has to be away. Not too worry as I had never had problems with any parents in my long service as a teacher and an administrator. But I do know my human limitations and I pray for His guidance. Praise the Lord all went well. The parents were very good, cooperative and understanding.
One hour later presided the first curriculum meeting with the head of departments and subject head. Prepared ahead and prayed for His presence and guidance again. He didn't fail me. All present were happy. As a matter of fact, teachers came in to say they were impressed. They like the way I handled the problems brought out and how I did not waste time. One teacher (one whom I had very little communication with)even stopped me on the corridor and thank me saying that it was a powerful meeting. I had the teachers cooperation and all were happy.(well at least that was what I gathered from body language and comments)Thanks the Lord for being there for me. I know it was You who took over the meeting.
Today was staff meeting. Had to give a detailed taklimat on PATS and Headcount. Said prayer as I drove to school. Again He did not fail me. The message got across well and again I had praises from the teachers. The afternoon supervisor was glad I had a good understanding and could put all the things in place. Praise the Lord. I am sure it was Him again.
Now I had to prepare for Lower sixes entrance taklimat on tuesday. Another power point presentation!. I have a coordinator who keep reminding me to do a lot of things. Wanted very much to tell her I believe and can decide that those are her duties. After all not that it is a problem to me. I trust there is a reason why I should do it. Let Him show the way.
Tomorrow is mothers' day. Had an invitation to go to church with the famoly and have lunch. Won't be going because my faith is still not strong enough to be facing so called Christians yet. but that will be another blog.

No comments: