Sunday, May 6, 2007

reunions 2

yesterday was the night for the 1967 kambings to get together after 23 years. Teachers like R, SH and PE were there. She was also there by last minute invitation.( if I knew she was coming I most probably would not have gone. Basically I am not that sociable to love gathering like that. What more to come face to face with her again. No hate , no anger but wouldn't miss it if I see her one time less.
Good to see R again. Happy that she is looking much better. I would like to devote one blog just to R later on.
Coincidentally, today's Star had an article one what comprises of 'success'. Is it monetary and material achievement ? Those boys who had set up their own companies or own practice were said to have done well. What about those who sat down at the back who are working in their own career but had a happy home? Those who don't own any companies but are just home every evening with their children? Girls who gave up their career to be full time mothers? Is it surprising that no one mentioned that they were successful? Isn't it sad? I would like to think that all of them and us are successful in our own way.I would like to think that if we could go through life making those we care for safe and happy: we are successful. If one can't help, at least don't hurt.To this I am so sad that in my last year of my career, I had been hurt so bad by so many who believe that if you can't help me up , at least let me push you down. I was pushed and I admitted defeat. I decide to leave.
Maybe it was stupid , maybe it wasn't the wisest decision but I just do not want to fight back. It is not my nature and I don't think I will feel any better if I won either.
So many have asked what are my plans after optional. No one seem to believe that I have no plans. I am supposed to be still so young, so capable, so full of energy. Everyone expects me to be bored because there is NOTHING to do. Well I do believe I still have the energy and the ability to work if it is meant to be. I would leave it to God to decide my path. If I am meant to contribute in the working force, I believe the door will open to me. If I am meant to give more quality time to the family, things too will fall into place too. My personal plans after retirement, that too will be another blog. So friends and family members, thanks for the concern but I am not too worried about life after optional . My immediate concern is the letter from JPA to officially release me.

No comments: