Monday, October 15, 2012

A Friend

Three decades ago, you drop into our pathway as a friend, a colleague. It was no grand entrance and I never guess that you are still in our path today.

You struck me as a physically strong guy with a golden heart. You believed in helping and not expecting anything in return. You said your sifu thought you that. What a lesson.

We needed your healing ways and you just gave. Without a blink of an eye.
We parted ways but because of our geographical locations, we still cross path once a while

Then one day while I was in my deepest of sadness, I saw you. And you told me you had Parkinson. In the same breadth you reminded me to take care of my other half's health. Wow, then it kick me out of my rut to think that there is a world outside my misery and there are others in bad spots too.

Today 5 years later, we learn that you are many steps nearer to you last days. The amazing thing about you is that in your situation, you can still have thoughts on our health giving us fatherly advice insisting that we don't take our health casually. Just as unassuming as those days.

Until now in your frail condition, you don't fail to ask about others. You really struck me as a special man. You do not dwell in your misery and condition. No lamentations. NO exasperating thoughts over your financial situation even though it left much to be desired. Over and above, you still do not expect, you still can care for others.

May God bless you. May He pour His grace upon you though you do not know Him.

Thank you for showing me that we can be strong in the worst of time and we can still be a beacon of light when all is dark around ourselves. You are definitely a fine example to emulate

No comments: