Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Trip to UH

This week is E's final papers in his present campus before he moves on to the second phase of his studies.All in the family especially me was so engrossed with it making sure he is rested and well feed with the right food that I totally forgotten that I have to do my blood test in UH.
So this morning off I troop to UH after sending A to work. All patients doing the fasting test are suppose to clock in at 7.45 am. Well I made it in by 8.33. One look at the crowd and I was all ready to stay till 11 plus. Surprise, surprise and kudos to UH staff. Got to go to the paying counter ( to get the 'percuma' chop on the resit) by 9.20 and was called in to see 'dracula' by 9.30. The staff were patient (saw two of them being yelled at by an old man demanding attention but refrained from answering back) and well trained (blood was drawned without any hitch together with a smile and comforting words to relax). I don't know what others has to complain but I am always happy with UH bearing in mind that there is always a crowd there.
Another point to note. Saw an old lady with a maid there and wonder if I will ever reach that stage of life. Saw one on the wheelchair pushed by a maid and accompanied by a son. Wonder what the scenario will be if all her children are salaried and need to take leave to do the needful. Will my children do that when I am at her stage? Will I remember to be patient and understanding if they can't?

No comments: