Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Good Friends


Just back from a breakfast session with old friends that went on till nearly lunch. Hope Ipoh old town will not bar us from entering the shop the next time!

Now it is not like me to blog so fast after an event. So why do you see me here. I learn that if I don't do it when the 'iron' is hot, I will be blogging it in my head for the next few weeks and than slowly get erased! Further more hope to put up the photo so that if they get on my blog, they get to see it.
SH, J , PE and I has been friends since 1980 when I first join BB. They were the 3 sweet young things in the junior teachers' table that made me feel at home literally the first instance I step into the school. They joined BB 6 months before that. All in all we had lots of good times, fun times , laughs, jokes, badminton sessions, saw through courtships, marrige and the growing up of our kids. It was a good pleasant time for nearly 7 years till PE decide to call it a day and J married off to Texas. SH went off to another school shortly after that and also decided to quit the profession 5 years later. As for myself, I join them last year.

After leaving the school, PE began her life as a businessman's AKA hubby, good partner and brought up 4 lovely kids. SH became the boss's wife too and mothered her 3 street smart kids. J became a high flyer flying across the continents and had a lovely daughter. The 3 of us left behind in M'sia plan to meet once every season (4 time lah a year) but we always end up only seeing each other when J is back. I do hope we improve otherwise J will need to come back more often.

Back home, second son asked what we talked about for 4 hours. Reflecting back I realise we didn't have a minute of silence. We talked about children, family, old times, old friends and future tense including insurance. That is the beauty of our friendship. There is no hesitation in our conversation. We tease and we comment sincere feelings and it is just free flow. No politics and no worry about feelings and thinking over before speaking. It was automatic that we take care of each others feelinfs. We started with pure innocence 28 years ago and it is still the same. My prayer is that we will have another minimum 28 more years of the same friendship. God bless all of you and may He bring us all good health and peace to our family.

No comments: