Monday, July 28, 2008

A love affair ending

Our relationship started with a bang and you came into my life with a celebration.There was no doubt of my love for you.It was love at first sight. As a matter of fact, I was expecting you for 9 months and you appeared, I couldn't contain my happiness. All through our relationship, I gave you my deepest love in a fashion most unselfishly.
It was a case of loving you and still more love. Irregardless whether you responded or not. When you were in pain it pained me more. What your heart desire it was my wish to fulfil it.I attended all your needs most happily and your smile and approval was all I ever needed.
As the years goes by, I was there financially and supported you emotionally. It hurts so much when you splurge my hard earn money so thoughtlessly but I bit my tongue for fear of saying something that might hurt you.
I watch out when others hurt you. I was all ready to take your side and protect you.I look out and read books on how to help you academically , emotionally, socially and all other ways. I financed you all through your years of studies without a second thought and I still have no regrets. It is not because you ask for it but I just wanted the best for you and wanted to give you all that you need.
The signs has been there for the last few years but I just doesn't want to accept it. You can't be blamed because it is me that don't want to see it. This love affair has to end I knew from the start you came from him and he will always be there. I was willing to share you with him but if either one of you think otherwise, I knew I have to accept it. Now that I have to face the fact, I still have no regrets but just be happy for the years you gave me. I don't know if he wanted you back all to himself or if you decided you want to go back to him completely. Either way, it looks look like the end is approaching. It is bitter sweet but like all true love, you tell yourself to be grateful for the happy moments we shared. It is said that if you truly love something, you must always let it go. If it comes back to you it is truly yours. If it doesn't, maybe it was never yours to start with. I am one who do not like to look back and analyse my actions. I always believe in doing what I wanted to do. There isn't any well defined line to what is right or wrong; what should or shouldn't be. I believe in looking forward. If it is to be, let it be. There may be times when one wondered it was silly to have love so much when it cause so much pain but I believe it is better to have loved and pained rather than never loved before. My love for you will stay eternally and I will still wait for the day that you may come back to me.

Now, isn't that a love story or what!

No comments: