Thursday, July 3, 2008

Old Friend

PL is a former teacher college and has been keeping regular contact. She is a young mother and we talk about how I bring up the 3 kids.She believes that the 3 kids have been brought up well and I like to thank and believe her. Below is part of an extract I shared with her.


hi hi hi
2 months delay and I shouldn't try to find an excuse for the absence so a cheeky sorry is all you get.
wow and the amount of things that has transpired since then! Price of petrol that start the ball rolling with the price of my favourite butter and cheese nearly doubling Told the kids baking is slowing down and hubby gave me a one-kind look. hee hee hee wonderful excuse not to do so much baking. Now with the political scene being so exciting and economically so frightening, I spend around 2 hours every morning catching up with all the non-mainstream news on the net before going for the newspaper. eg why we should go into gold by Matthias Chang etc.
Like I say before, retired life is wonderful except that pocket is lighter. True that hubby working but never know how our expenses might change and the fact that the world sound so volatile.
Nvmd, Chinese say got wine lets get drunk first. I envy the absolute trust that some people have in God (that He will take care of all things) but I can't accept that kind of philosophy.There is a difference between being childish and having child-like trust.(result of the books I have been reading)
Kids are OK. No, A is not getting married. Tough luck.
E is having his finals. If he carry on with his medical studies, the clinical part is done in S'ban so that is why need to move there.
Au is OK. Looking around for a course for her. Daddy doesn't want her to be too far ie UK (he never had that problem with Adrian there, wonder why!!!). I would like her to twin so that I still have her for 2 more years.Unfortunately twinning means UK and going Australia (nearer means double the expenses(RM 100K x 4years minimum)
Study should never be a chore to both child and parent. If it is to the parent, the child will feel the negative vibes and won't enjoy it. If the child feel it is a chore, sooner or later, it will manifest in their attitude in life.My 2 cents worth
When they are younger(preschool) I love to put them on my lap or cuddle up near and read books with them.I buy a lot of activity books that require SHORT exercises like using stickers and joining lines and scratching.The younger ones will sit and do it while the older one does their homework with me near.Sat with A for 6 years , 3 years with E and none with Au( same 6 years cuz they are 3 years apart. By that time they have their own sibling's company in the study room and look after each other.The study room is given 1st priority for comfort. When they are on their own, I used to pop in once a while and give them treats like ice cream and chocolate cookies with cold milk or just to hug and kiss.The room has all the books they enjoy so they get to 'curi' read their story books once in a while between homework.
Alamak. don't write for 2 months now cannot stop. sorry for the drag.But I enjoy it. Hope you don't mind if I put part of this letter in my blog
cheerio. wakey wakey don't nod off mummy
love

No comments: