Monday, September 3, 2007

latest update

well well well . Thank you to the nice lady at 1st floor, epf building Jalan Gasing. EPF money is in hand. So is the gratuity and golden handshake.
What next? 1st of all the pension is not adjusted to the new amount so I can't close the case yet. I wrote in to pension department to remind them. Will give them 3 weeks and hope for the best.
Next, they didn't deduct my housing loan from the gratuity for the first 2 months. So what's the problem since they didn't take away my money? Problem is the amount that they are to deduct from my subsequent pension is more than the usual amount. So I will also need to write to the housing department to ask them why and since I am at that, I should pay up the 2 months' instalments.
Lastly, I need to look into the various ways to invest the money at hand so that it can overcome the inflation rate and last me till my end of time!
By the way number one son went on a holiday cum mission trip to Chiangmai and Chiangrai. Thank God came back safely. Surprise surprise he did a sizable amount of shopping. for a guy who gets made every time you want to buy something for him, that was good. A straw pillow for grandma, a nice shirt( a little bit small though) for daddy, comforter and Indonesia(!) sarong for me, a nice elephant silk tie for E and a scarf and jade necklace for the little girl.

No comments: