Monday, September 17, 2007

dedicated to my husband

It is funny how I always get into the mood to write when I am driving or away from the computer busy with my hands like ironing. Whenever I get to the computer I can't get away from reading the news both mainstream and otherwise, check my mails and read the blogs, Normally that will bring me to the time to go off the computer to be a mother or wife.!Conclusion, I write more on my mind than on my blog. But today's thoughts were on my mind since Saturday night.
Last Saturday was M's colleague, friend, ex-subordinate and present sub ordinate's daughter's wedding. OK I will explain. HP was with M in his ex company. He was to have retired but M with the agreement of M's boss extended his services. When M had his farewell do in Penang last year he was still with the old company. One year down the line, he was retired off and had since joined M in his present company. HP is a good friend because he has always been our perfect host when we went up to Penang for our holidays. He was also at hand to help when A went up to Penang to work.
So together with the fact that M wanted a break from work and KL, we (me and him) drove up last Saturday for the wedding. As usual, like the perfect host, he got us a room and upgraded us to a suite in the same hotel as the wedding. Side line is, the lot of former colleagues (don't forget also HP's too) were at the same hotel for their meeting. And obviously invited to the wedding too. Another note is that it was in the same hotel that M had his last meeting with them and thus his farewell 14 months ago
Come that night, I witnessed something of my husband that i have only so far heard off only.
He was waited upon and missed thoroughly by his colleagues.Each and everyone of them crowded round him and one can see how much respect, love and care they have for him. At many instances, I was embarrassed as it look as if he was the centre of attention instead of the groom or the father.
They crowded round him the minute he was there. HP bought him a whiskey especially for which of cause was shared by all. His 2 Malay secretaries/ assistant crowded round him till they were pulled away by their own boss. Anew girl insisted on meeting him after hearing so much about him. His boys were drinking with him and hugging him all night long. They teased him, jokes with him, and just enjoyed the night with him. I too got teased quite a lot cuz they know I was totally neglected by him that night and they wanted to know how I will be going home alone. They told me I have to share him with everyone! He was definitely missed and they still accord to him the same respect that they had for him when he was their boss. A colleague commented that he was much missed by his boss and the team. She told me tears were shed again and again last year when he left and by both the girls and guys.
Looking at him that night, a fleeting thought cross my mind. Did I do the right thing by not stopping him when he was deciding to leave? But knowing both of us, we have always agreed to NEVER ponder over past decisions but to look forward . Never to ponder if the past decisions were right but to improve from now on . With that I think we are never unhappy but we treasure every immediate moment that we have in front of us.
Husband dear, I salute you for the person you are and has been with all those that you meet and all that came in your path.

No comments: