Tuesday, July 3, 2007

post retirement!!! what is the difference

Phew! So many asked how is life after retirement? Well.... I haven't started to enjoy it yet. I have approximately 20+ things that I need to look into as soon as possible. But this morning after my morning walk(yeah yeah yeah I am going back to my walking at the desa park every morning after I send off M and Ad.The whole routine takes approximately 50 minutes but hope to increase it as time goes by.) I decided to go into my blog.
I guess that is the difference between pre and post retirement. I no longer need to think and plan my days so that the office runs well. so that the teachers get their letters in time, so that the syllabus is finished, letters are send out according to datelines, projects are organised well with minimum flaws. I do things as I feel like it except for the fact that as for now, I have so many things I have to do!!!
In school I have started and redo the filing system 3 times. A a matter of fact it was the last but one project(implemented on 1.6.07} before I got to go!I had to start from scratch the first time and subsequently follow certain guidelines given out. overall I still need to plan and see to it that enough files are opened but not too many to burden the people concern. But do you know that the documents in my house is a mess. I remembered M saying once that one of the things that attracted him was the systematic way in which I keep things.He loves going through things and his idea of packing is bringing everything out on the floor and asking me what are they. THEN his job is finish! I have to do the rest. Anyway back to present day, I NEED to do something to the tons of documents lying every where in the house. It has been a mess for too long.
Next, every morning in school before 8 I try to see to all letters.Carefully forward them to the respective teachers (got to select them with a reason otherwise cannot answer when they ask why they have to do it.) Next got to see that the teacher is not required to do multiple tasks at the same time. Then I record the letters to the diary and the teachers assigned then I put out the pile to the office to be given out. letters which need immediate attention like meetings in 1 day's time, I will put the word SEGERA not forgetting letters that need HM's personal attention or advice, I will take them out and see him myself...... back to home, everyday I open the letters, glance thro them to find out where they came from,(sometimes I don't even open them when I know what their rough contend is!!!) then I will put it back into the envelopes and happily put it on hubby's table. sometimes he see sometimes they got lost.! another habit i better bring home from school before we get into trouble with the authorities
so you think you are free... retired with no income.... Yes. FREE definitely not at least not for sometime but the difference is I am only answerable to myself. now that is the difference

No comments: