Tuesday, July 10, 2007

ex-student's wedding

I told myself that as I leave the school scene, I should blog on other interests like motherhood, wife hood(ha ha ha not only can I use foul language, I can also use bad English.But I think it is not a good habit to cultivate.!)and so much more out there.
but I have to go back on my own promise and say something on PH's wedding on 07.07.07.
Ex-student PH visited me last year sometime around August to let me know that he is getting married this year. I didn't know that one need to book dates a year ahead before one's marriage! A year before I married M, it didn't even cross my mind that I will marry him.(now I am going to get it from you know who ha ha ha) Anyway so my diary was block a year ago.
Come last month, the invitation came. Last week I wasn't sure if I will be there for his church ceremony feeling a bit out of place. Cut the story short, I went and I felt nostalgic. The very child I disciplined, scolded, talked to is now a married man.We talked about career, girls, courtship and what no ts.This new year, he even brought R to meet me and now they are standing there bride and groom.
As he hug me when I enter the hall, once again I knew why I never regretted the career a chose 32 years ago.
That night at the dinner, met up with numerous ex students too.As I stood in the middle of the photos, I felt like a mother hen with her brood! The hugs they gave me and the words of thanks they showered on me made me feel so special. They wanted to share their success and let me know that they have not failed me.
To all of you there that night , your success if my success. Your happiness is my happiness. Like I said it, I may not remember your names, but I could remember all the time we spend together.I recognised KK by his voice and mannerism!
Postscript...The next few days as the news of my retirement spread, more messages of congratulations came in.
To PH and R, have an awesome life together.I felt good as I witness your wedding.To the rest, thank you for the memories.

No comments: