Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Third Passion




That is how I look like in the kitchen, photo curtesy of my little girl!


Has been doing quite a bit of cooking recently, relatively speaking. It has been ages since I had the kitchen to myself. Quite excited to try out the collections I made through the years. That means the family will need to eat a lot of disasters too. Ha ha ha.



Fortunately for them it has not been too bad with the help from sister anfd the internet. SImple. look at the fridge for the ingredients, search the net or skype with sis, manupulate the recipe a bit and viola, Li Li's dinner menu is ready.



So far, did






  • Sweet sour pork, the proper way,



  • Yam with chicken



  • Yam with pork; a simpler version where the yam is soft, cooking easier and faster but has the taste of kow yook.



  • Assam fish; with the help of tom yam sauce purchased from Hatyai



  • Braised pork with garlic bulbs and boiled eggs



  • Steam egg with minced pork; my mummy style ie softer



  • Claypot rice also with my extra ingredients and marinating sauce.



are some of the 'creations'



Pity didn't take any photos but then after sweating it out with 2 other dishes every time and trying to time it so that the food is piping hot, who has the strength to take photos! Just hope I remember how I cook them as I have the tendency to change the recipe but not note it down.



In conjunction with CNY, came up with 6 cookies out of which 5 are new recipes tested over the year.



I am pretty proud of myself. Only regret is that I haven't been doing any western which was my interest before this and that I tend to be a bit lazy and not cook everyday.

No comments: