Friday, November 6, 2009

The Week that Was

Started this week planning to have some good times with Au since it is her last week of hols before she start 3rd semester. At the same time, MIL was not around so another reason to relax.

Unfortunately, palpitations turn bad. it was so bad that I needed a few days to recuperate. It was the second time it went on for approximate 8 hours and the body felt exhausted after that.I guess I aggravated it by being uptight about certain things. Good time to make a stronger effort to block out unpleasant things.

Good thing that came out from it: I was pampered the whole week by the family. Au spend her last week of hols looking after me and daddy took care of the food. I wasn't even allowed to wash and iron or clean.

In the end, need to do some more tests to establish the reasons for the palpitations. though I suspect it has something to do with my menopausing. In the meantime, have to try to block unhappy things and just stay immuned.

Did had a good afternoon making sardine and tuna rolls with Au though.

Pastry from
250 g butter
500 g flour
cold water
pepper salt
parmeson cheese
Au did it with me overseeing and it turn out just fine. It was so nice that we enjoyed the pastry even without the sardine.

making the sardine, this time I remember to add
lemon juice,
salt
pepper
chillies
to one tin of mashed sardine
cooked with chopped onions

Tuna was a last minute thing when we have extra pastry so we miss out on the chillies. Also it was in oil and we didn't add any mayonnaise, it was easier to make.
Taste wise, sardine is stronger.

My little brain is thinking of using minced meat like Char siew and making them into little round disc like the spaceship when I next try it.

No comments: