Thursday, November 19, 2009

Potato Chips Biscuit

Last weekend Au and I tried this 'savoury' recipe that I got from a book in the library.Apologies to the author as I have no idea the source.As I said before, the family do not have a sweet toooth but cookies to munch is something we learn to enjoy. So I had been trying to satisfy both needs.

130 g butter
50 g sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp vanilla
40 g cornflour
180 g flour
45 g ground potato chip

Followed normal lili's method ie cream the first 2 and add the rest! I guess I am no novice cook or chef. Just someone who does it.
Bake at 160 deg celcius for 15 minutes.
Amount should turn out 50 cookies

edit
used 40 g sugar
55 g chips
180 deg and waited till cookies turn light brown

verdict
At first try, we felt that it is nothing spectacular, not sweet or savoury just a bit. But after a few more cookies, we begin to feel it gives a special crunch to it and according to daddy, has a potato taste to it. So we decided it is worth an edited version

So I plan to do it again with a bbq or tomato based chips, to increase the chips to 60 g and see the difference.

No comments: