Friday, September 26, 2008

Religion

I have pondered over this question many a time. It is strictly my own assessment and not any particular religion’s philosophy so please don't come attacking me that it is wrong. It might be wrong to your faith but they are my own thoughts till I change them.
Is it a way of life and the way of thinking to help us through life? It sounds like a set of thoughts and rules to follow and to have total trust.
For me, I always believe there is a God and He is almighty. He decides and rule over all. We can plan but He decides. But I believe too that He gave us a brain so He expects us to use it too. Not only to decide His role but to be conscious of consequences and results. Some call for blind fate. It is good if one can attain it. Then all one does is sits on the train and do as one feels since He is at the wheel and He knows all. What a blissful way to live this life? But what if it has consequences on others. What if the train causes accidents and hurt others along the way. What if others you love are not on the train? Do we leave them behind if they refuse to get on? After all we are on it? Isn’t it selfish? I don’t think I can do that. I will get off the train and do what I can to help those that are not on it. It is good to find bliss for oneself but we are not solitary. There are others and if I am to attain bliss through their pain, I won't want it. No one wants Hell. I don't either but if the fare is bought by the expense of others,( believers or otherwise), I want to reconsider.
Life is a series of tests by Him. He is supposed to only give tests that we can pass. How do we explain those who fail and maybe take their own life? Maybe then we say they don't have enough fate. If that is so, then it boils down on them again and it is their own fault.So you are responsible for yourself. Then you are alone again isn’t it so?
Afterlife. This life is temporary. This I believe so. We have a number of years here only. I strongly believe I am here on borrowed time and I will leave one day decided by Him. While I am here I believe I should do the best I can with this life but not so much to be rewarded in the next life but because I believe we are all here for a purpose. So I will always go ahead and do what the inner voice says so. Be it from God, my conscience or otherwise.
Wow reading back, if I am in any specific congregation, I am sure I will be called up for counseling. ; ) ha ha ha But then I am not and I will find it difficult to associate myself to any particular ideology as long as I am not prepare to take a gamble on humans. I prefer to get my message from Him direct in this complex world.

No comments: