Thursday, January 3, 2008

round up

Third day of 2008. By right a little late for the title of the blog but December has been a busy family month and it ended with so many things happening everyday that I nearly couldn't breath but it has been fulfilling.
Let me work backward because as usual I prefer to write as I feel and obviously the latest happenings are freshest on my mind.
The family spend Christmas in Angkor Wat and I will blog in detail about the trip All I want to say here is that it was GOOD. Daddy got to be a little bit further from office and gave him a little bit more time with the family. Ad was good enough to be willing to go with the family in the expense of his Christmas play at church. He was sporting and played his role well as big brother (when mum and dad has to leave them alone at Angkor Thom) and he managed to wake up and had breakfast with all of us everyday. Both he and Ed gave the family their body and soul! Ed managed to drag himself from IMU and notes. He didn't speak like a doctor-to-be for the 4 days though I suspect his siblings' threat might have something to do with it!. Au had a deserving holidays after having butterflies in the stomach for SPM.As for mum, I am just happy and thankful the family is together.
The next day after we touch down at KL, I had a call. Apparently second brother fell from a stool and broke his hip. He was wheeled in on 27 Dec for a three hour operation. Well, he came out good and now it is the family's turn to survive his grumbling and complains. ; ). I am amazed at his character but I certainly can't go too near to him for too long. My heart goes out to his youngest kid who has to bear most of the brunt. God please take care of him(the son) It is not easy and he needs all the help he can get.
The year has many happenings and the biggest change has been my retirement.It is a big change to me and my new year resolution is to forget what has happened the last one and a half years .I plan to start my next phrase of life and make as fulfilling as possible. For a starter, December is good good good as a retiree.No preparation and most importantly tension over the next year. It has never been the work but the unnecessary energy drainer like politics and prejudices. It was relaxing and I had never had a better December.I am overwhelmed and grateful.
After the hospital bit, the family was rounded up for spring cleaning.As usual Ad was dragged in, Ed wanted to help but the IMU bug crawled up to him very fast after touch down not forgetting his busy social life. All left was Daddy and Au. Dad has always been a good husband and I thank God for that. He lead, he moved and he heaved.Sometimes I pushed a little but I can't ask for more. Thank you, Darling.Audrey has been a little darling too the last few years. She is always there at the kitchen and every where when things need to be done. She pampered me and rule me with a glare when I look tired.(Of course he had Ed's support to scold me too when the latter knows of it later) The children are all darlings and sweetheart's.Maybe different flavour but nevertheless sweethearts.The curtains are all done, the books packed and recycled, the storeroom cleaned and fridge is all ready for new year goodies. ; )
All in all I can only say Thank You God for the loveliest of family. Happy new year.

No comments: