Thursday, January 24, 2008

Waking Up

Last night I was watching a Chinese soap opera about a daughter-in-law who was having problems with a problematic mother-in-law, an ex girlfriend of the hubby after a whirlwind romance adjusting to married life and accepting the fact that she is pregnant. The ex carefully plotted so that she lost the baby and then choosing the right words to the hubby and MIL thus ensuring the DI L's problem escalate. Once upon a time when I see this type of show, I just say, 'show only lah' People can't be that conniving ,stupid or cruel.
It just strike me that I was the victim of this very thing.
When Q came in as the new HM, she was someone with no self confidence except her faith. Capability is below par. Along came A who anxiously told her about the 'poor' condition of the discipline. Q takes it to mean that A feels that the HEM is lousy. Actually I belief A just wanted Q to know that his job is not simple and that he contributes alot to the school. Unfortunately, messaged received was interpreted differently.
Next comes along S who carefully choose her words and implies lots more like I was a contender for her post, arrogant and I don't like her presence. etc etc.S also had her pawns all ready like HB, N, E, LS and maybe some others whom I hope I really don't want to know.Q shaky confidence, incompetence, suspicious mind was moved beautifully to the direction plotted. I am sure along the way there were others who out of favour must have happily nodded the head at the right (or wrong) time. And viola, I am out of the system. The caustic group belongs to the same religion so the religion was carefully crafted in too. As they try to move the problem unknowingly they went to the very person who plotted the whole thing-the director of the show! Again falling right into the plot.More religious elders were involved so that everything will sound more justified and again they were 'gently' guided into the plot all planned and directed just like a soap opera.
The difference is that all TV operas has the victim waking up finally and the villain kicked off. In my life story, that has not happened. and most probably never happen. Q may have woke up once but S will make sure that she will get her dose of sleeping pill so that Q will go back to sleep and maybe stay asleep for a long long time. M and the rest of the audience hopes and prays that Q wakes up but I am sure the end of the opera will not come soon. If anything there will be part 2 and and 3. Come to think of it, I was not part one. My was already third or fourth. A story repeated with different twists. A bitter sad lesson to learn and I pray nobody else need to go thro this. Unfortunately, that is life and most probably everyone will need to face up to that episode in life sometime or rather.

No comments: