Friday, October 22, 2010

Menopausing or What?

At 53, I am suppose to be reaching menopause. So say my doctor. He has very positive hopes judging by the way he is prescribing the drugs. Well, I don't think my flow is stopping if that is what menopausing is all about. The month he stop my drug, my pains and agony comes back and off again I will troop to his office.
But I do have hot flushes off and on.I do have mood swings but are they all due to the menopause? That I don't know.All I know is that waves of depression comes often until I don't want to talk about it. And when I don't want to talk about it, I becomes very quiet.And when I am quiet, I think of a lot of things. And let's not talk about what I am thinking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Mrs Yong, I have aunts and mom too who often share their experiences about menopause... each with their own story. It's very difficult, they cant help themselves, no one understands and most choose to be alone. God must have a reason for choosing women to go through this... BUT one of my aunt recently shared how she forced herself to go out daily/often - marketing, church activity, meet friends,... that helped her take her mind off and time passed quicker for her. Mom thought that was a good idea. G and I will remember you in our prayers. *hugs*

chua said...

THanks Jue lian,'no one understands and most choose to be alone' is the most apt statement.Thanks for urs and G's prayer. Hope to get over this soon.