Monday, September 14, 2009

Last 2 Weeks

For the past 2 weeks, everytime I am in front of the computer, I am stuck with a blind mind. Other times, especially when I am driving, I could think of so many comments to make. Is it a sign of bad distraction?

2 weekends ago, Ed helped organished the 1st Malaysian International Medical Students' Conference. Being him, the 'help' became a 'co' and he was rushing from Seremban to KL, back to Seremban for lectuires and back again within 24 hours. He was producing the programme book which I must say is very well done. I am proud of him. (I too need to make myself download pictures from the camera and use them in my blog!). Naturally, with him being busy, daddy and mummy were kept on toes too. Packed moon cake, baked cupcakes amongst other things.

This weekend, need not cook for him so I baked a chicken pie. I have always avoided this because I have this phobia that the liquid will soak thro and the pastry will be wet. Either that or the filling will be dried. Well this time, I decided to make sure thre filling will be moist by adding flour to it. Lol, got daddy to cook it and forgot to tell him about adding flour. So the pastry was good but the filling a bit dry. Made sauce for it but the family prefer it without. Also forgot to put the eggs in in the rush to bake it for lunch.

Ingredients used
1 chicken breast meat
8 large prawns
mixed vege (next round should try only jagong and par boiled carrots)
1 chopped bombay onion
2 boiled eggs

seasoning
sesame oil,
salt pepper
flour
oregano

Pastry
250 g flour
125 g butter
milk
pinch of salt and pepper

Would like to try and inprove on it and if I am not lazy make them into little pies. We will see

No comments: