Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A Retiree

A week ago, niece was back from Singapore. In the course of a conversation about I am spending my time, I mentioned that I'm yet to do a few things on my list. Comment was"No time management" Well well well, you're right but the point is we retirees do not need time management. What a difference when one need not look at datelines and complete certain projects by certain time. Yeah no time management because I don't need time management. Hooray ; )
Was out for lunch with some old members of school administrators the other day. I took a full lunch while they took a drink since they had school function! Came to payment, it was 'Let me pay since you already a pensioner' That was nice. Haven't seen myself as such yet. Good idea. Ha ha ha But on a serious tone, Thank you Y K for lunch.It was a nice thought from you. Much appreciated.
Last Sunday attended a Hari Raya open house of a teacher. Former colleague, present tuition teacher of my daughter. Met up quite a few ex teachers. It was nice of them to come up and salam and say Hi. Touching moment was when a teacher served me. It was a small gesture but significant because I was served because, I as still their friend. As I told them, when I was their boss, I never knew if they were serving their boss or their friend. At least now I know for sure I am a friend. Thank God for friends.

No comments: