Monday, November 19, 2007

my little daughter

Before the two boys' go green and ask why the little daughter, this is not about the little girl. It is about the girl with the boys!.
Last week sees the beginning of SPM for the girl Au. As she enters into the exam hall, one or rather I can see the difference between boys and girls. I know I have said it many times as the capacity of a teacher and a senior assistant but this time I am saying it as a mother. As the days and years go by, one can see why a daughter can make life interesting after 2 boys. Back to SPM, I don't remember thinking about the boys' health and meals as they enter the exam period. Well it is DEFINITELY not because I love them less but because they have never got so 'excited' about it They have never told me that they were nervous. They never tell me that they can't eat and neither have they given me worried looks that can panic you if you are not prepared. I don't remember having to give extra hugs and kisses to smoother the jitters and having to make sure they get enough sleep. Sure E did requires some pushing to slow down but then he settles into it fast.I guess that is why God make me retire just before she takes her SPM. ; )
To my children, you have make my life very interesting and allows me to see a comparison between you all. I have always said that they are all different and it is never so clear until I see them grow up.Each has his or her own characteristic.
To parents who are still in the manufacturing years, don't forgo the happiness and experience of having both sons and daughters. Children are always God's greatest gift to us. How they turn out depends a lot on how we nurture them. It is an endless journey of love where one should be sensitive and ready to change course at all times. All of them are different and they respond differently at different time.To those who deal with children, you owe it to your own soul to love them and to give your best to them.Be you as a parent or a teacher, do you realise that the younger they are, the more sincere they are and the more beautiful they are.I am willing to state my point to that' if you are not prepare to love, give and nurture them, don't be involved with them. ( of course they are those who knows not and knows not they knows not. )
Children should never be a duty Last word, as parents and teachers ( if a keep referring to the profession it is because I think they are next to parents to a child) love means giving and never expecting. I spoke of a one way traffic. Please remember that.
To Au, all the best for SPM, and as I told your brothers, I would like to repeat that in life it only matters that you have done your best. It definitely do not matters what the destination may be but the journey is in your control. I will always be proud of each and every one of you. and love you all just as much. We move on in life to the sounds of the drums that we hear and each and everyone of us will definitely hear a different set of drums. (But do listen carefully cuz very often, we hear the wrong sets because we want to desperately hear what we have earlier decided upon. That is the time when we need to open up and ask others what they hear for us too)

No comments: