Monday, August 13, 2007

hubby and me getaway

Two weekends ago, hubby and me went on a holiday without the kids and anybody else.We have been planning for a long time .So many things came up. The first idea was to go Japan, then he can't getaway. Then it was an exotic getaway and the agent said the place was full. I actually had already given up hope. Especially after all the postponements. Finally off we went for just an overnight stay! Both claim that the other party couldn't leave the family behind and I believe both are guilty as charged! That's the trouble. We are still learning to let go. The kids were wonderful. As a matter of fact, E was busy helping to pack, to make sure I had everything I need. As we go off, they were busy giving last minute instructions to remember to carry my handbag everywhere I go, to follow daddy so that I won't be lost. Doesn't they sound and act just like us when they went off to camp the first time :) (By the way, Sis was also very cooperative cuz she and hubby took the whole gang out for dinner so we have one thing less to think. Thanks big sister!)
We had a lovely time just taking care of ourselves. It was totally relaxing and for the first time in 23 years we had no care in the world for 24 hours.Why 23 years, that was the number of years ago when the children hadn't come along. Ha Ha Ha
Next time round, we told ourselves that we will make it longer. See how that goes. In the meantime, we hope to plan for a family holiday soon.

No comments: