Monday, August 13, 2007

KWSP

The capital letters were not because it represents the fund but because I am so angry.
Early May, I filled in the necessary forms to withdraw whatever little bit of epf money I have left in the fund. (Took a bulk out when purchasing the house back in 1988) I had to make 3 trips. One to get the forms, then to be told I need a single named account (no join account) and then finally to submit them. I was told to wait for 2 months. One month gone, two months gone, retirement came and 3 months gone. That''s it. Off I go to the Jalan Gasing office to enquire.
To be told that in the month of Jun, JPA made an enquiry about my epf status (a normal procedure as I was to retire optional in July. The epf has to give clearance before my gratuity could be paid out) AND because of the enquiry, my application was canceled!!! And the chick of them never ever decide to inform me.
Soooo. this patient ex civil servant( being so understanding of the way they operate!)
1. Ask them for a clearance letter for JPA so that I could send it to JPA and thus hopefully release my gratuity!!!
2. Politely ask for the forms again so that another application could be done.
All that for that measly small amount left in the fund.
Lastly, let's hope that in 3 months time, I have good news from them

No comments: