Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Finally

Aiyah! yesterday was the first time losing the blog after unsuccessfully posting it. Here we go again......
32 years ago when I applied for the Bachelor of Sci with Ed. , my sister ask me why I chose teaching? Fair enough question since I was the first undergrad of the family and they have higher hopes for me. What more with the fact that the family already has a bunch of teachers for 2 generations. Well today as I move out of the career( yeah, I finally received the final letter from JPA to retire on 1 July 2007), I would like to declare that I have no regrets. I loved every moment I spend with the young people I worked with and I enjoyed the challenges of trying to put things in place and offer ideas to improve all aspects of the school. What I am sorry about is the incompetence of leaders and the politics involved in the an arena where it just shouldn't exist. I put it to the leaders who should be competent enough to arrest such unhealthy happenings. The school is a place where ideas should come together for the good of the young ones and FULLSTOP. That should be it and nothing else. All visions and missions should boil down to it. So to my sister's question..... I love teaching and I love being there for the kids and I am glad I did it. How else one
1. get egg tarts send to the house early one morning just because an ex-student is passing by.
2. get invited to reunions, dinners and tea sessions practically every month.
3. get introduced to girlfriends of ex-boys before they get married.
4. get to share young people's happiness , dreams, ideals, tears and heartache and much much more.
To all of you ex-students who have cross my path, Thanks for letting share your life and I love you all.

No comments: