Sunday, July 15, 2012

Dancing a different tune

Little sweetie graduated a few weeks ago and had decided to spend another year in UK to do her pre registration. Hubby and me spend 2 weeks with her one in Italy and another in Glasgow. All together that will mean I won't hug her for another six months at least.

As time goes by, the family changes. The children grow up and need to flap their wings. All nice and right to say that we let them flap and fly as they wish. We have prepared then for 20 plus years. It is time to let go and not stress them with our over concern. But then whoever who says that is not a mother. At least not a mother like me. I don't know whether to envy or to pity mothers who can just let go so easily. Maybe the closeness was never there. Maybe I am more sentimental? Sensitive? Paranoid? It is not about worrying . It is something call missing them.Is it good or is it bad? Either way I couldn't let go that easily...... bottom line.

I bring my 3 children up hugging them, kissing them.I had to say that the emotional tag for me is very strong.The logical part is to let go. The practical part is to accept that they have grown up The fact is I have done all I can done for them. But then, the string I have dance a different tune.

God knows when or if ever I will get over it.God knows if they ever knows and affect then negatively.

No comments: