Friday, December 16, 2011

The stillness of the night

There are many things I enjoyed as I retire. One of them is the slowing down of the pace of life thus allowing me to
sit and reflect,
see and react,
be still and praise ,
feel thankful for the many things in life

And of the beauty of writing a blog is that I can just let my feelings flow. with no need to plan the sequence and check the  presentation. Oh the freedom of stress to write it well. :)

The last 2 months have been a series of meeting up with old friends, renewing friendship thus recalling memories, observing and reflecting. It brought about a whole new lot of thoughts as suddenly, I am opened to so many lives, observing lives over  a span of 30 to 40 years,

Then I began to feel more thankful and grateful for the things I am given. A good life, a roof over my head, food on my table,  a loving husband, good children, a life free from serious illnesses. More important an ability to love others and to feel loved by family, friends, acquaintances and more important by Him. Without my God, how could all these be possible.
I begin to truly realise what is meant by His will, not mine. I truly see what it meant by going with what He has planned. He has trully planned our lives even as we were formed in the womb. I realied once again why He say to just love as I see what it brings. The life He gave us on earth is so temporary and so ever short but He has already given me so very much. Once again  we should not waste precious time to hate, to harbour bad thoughts , jealousy, bitterness, anger. Why do we waste so much time giving up all the good things He has given us to chase for things like power, recognition and material gain We do our part, and let Him do the rest. If power, material and recognition is meant for us, it will be there by His will.

I enjoy the chance to wake up in the stillness of the night, praise Him and reflect. It is something magical about listening to the quietness, not worrying about getting enough rest so that I could rush off the next morning, to just spend time with Him. Many mornings, I wanted toget up and pen my thoughts but just does not want to leave His cosiness. Sadly the many thoughts lost their ways once the briskness of the morning sets in.(ha ha ha even this morning, I have to overcome the sighing of my lovely husband) This is another of His gifts to me in my 50s. He gave me strength and health to go on with my hectic life the last 40 years and now He gave me  mere ability to sit, ponder and enjoy His presence .

I lost my Alumni member card( I idid not even realised it), a kind and lovely soul found it and returned it to the Alumni office. The office took the trouble to keep it and send it together with my yearly report. To them whom I will never know who they are, God bless you.

And now to receive the breaking of my magical stillness and go into the awakened world around me. Good morning to all.

No comments: