Tuesday, June 15, 2010

reading the bible brings back memories

As I read certain chapters of the bible, it brings to thoughts of days gone by when I had to study Physics intensely before going into the classroom. Those were the first few years of my teaching life when I was 'made' into a physics teacher though I was trained to do Mathematics.30 years ago, you don't tell the senior assisstant you prefer to teach a particulat subject. You just teach the subject you were told to do so. Every night you spend 2 to 3 hours studying for a 80 minutes lesson the next day.To be fair physics was my minor.

The biggest joke was on me in the later years. When the senior maths teacher left the school, he made a special request that I follow up his classes (Afterall I was his student in form six and collegue for a number of years so I guess he was suppose to know me and my stiff, so to speak). So happy when the senior assisstant was ok by it. BUT I wasn't allowed to leave the physics department! Wah lau for that one year I had to teach maths and physics in Form six. It nearly killed me. Everynight I was readimg, studying, comparing notes and working out questions after questions. At the end,I submitted to him and said, 'yes I want to teach Physics only' and got myself off the maths department! He was thrilled and I was saved.

Coming back to my bible study (on my own) some of the chapters requires me to read my NIV, read the study version (belonging to my son) and the explaination and then go back to my own to add on notes at the side. Only difference is that I need not do any calculations after that. But I guess I should do some self eveluation.

The best thing is I enjoyed studying both my bible and physics and I think that is the most important part. By the way, not forgetting that I can only digest it at small multiples each time!That means that after 20 minutes, I need to walk away and maybe come here to blog :)

Back to Romans!

No comments: