Monday, June 14, 2010

inspiration that comes and goes.

I function best composing and writing in the early hours of the morning and while I drive alone. I guess it is because those are the quiet moments I have to my self. Unfortunately, those are also the times when I do not have a laptop with me.

I composed the wedding speech so well at 5 in the morning but finds it hard to recollect at 10 in front of the computer. I knew exactly what I wanted to say in my facebook and blog while driving home after sending Au to IMU. Now I am blank!The other reason being once back at home, I can think of so many things I want to do that my mind is so crowded. 3 years after retiring amd I still make lists of things I need to complete , calls I need to make, mails I need to send and now menus I need to prepare for dinner! I am now thinking of the books I want to read as I seem to be spending all my reading time with the 2 bibles and the library is not waiting. Next I have to list the preparation for her leaving. No I am not stressed but I hope I don't forget something important with so many things in my mind.

And ever so often I am asked how I pass the time now that I am retired! To be fair, I do enjoy waking up at 7 and lazing in bed, reading my bible, having my quiet time till 9. OK I know that really sounds lazy (no thanks to daddy's pampering) but believe me, it is beautiful! :)

The next thing I noticed about me being retired is the wonderful mood I am in. I don't get impatient at drivers(I never even bother when they cut into my lane or hog the road) My children noticed I drive much more leisurely too. At restuarant, I don't get mad when Sri Melaka served me rotten prawns. I just did them a favour by ticking the supervisor off.

I love the feeling of not bothered by what others. I express my displeasure and diaapproval as freely as I show my love, care and appreciation. Those who don't gives me good feelings, I totally stay away. Those who doesn't meet my idea of a friend, I stay disconnected. I could just rechoose my friends as I know them. Ahhhh, the peace of not having o please or tolerate for the position I held. And the best part is that I still have numerous friends. It goes to prove that there are plenty of good people out there.

Now to go lay back to read the newspaper. Before anyone get green, that is one thing I seldom gets the chance to do so. While I used to scan thro political blogs and reads the paper diligently, I settle for headlines nowadays. Don't ask me why but I don't have the time!

1 comment:

Jue said...

Congrats, Mrs Yong =)G tells me I should learn how to get less annoyed and I think I have a looooong way to go... *sigh*