Monday, July 27, 2009

Start of a new label

When I first retired 2 years ago, one of the first things I did was to put the family's documents together systematically . I guess after doing that for the school for so many years, I decided my home should demand the same attention as I had given the Student Affairs Department. I started with an empty room with practically no files, I build up systems of recording and classification. Now it is time my home to be more organised. It paid for in the process I discovered forgotten finance and wrong things that were happening to the house. At present, I can't say it is perfect but at least we remember bills to be paid, where our finances are, and things to note as days go by.
My next passion is cooking. I am no novice cook. As a matter of fact, I laid off the kitchen quite a bit in my many years in the school. I am now picking it up slowly and surely. I cook out of love for those I feed and I like to venture into areas where it is not common. Meaning, I will not make pau or cook laksa for I feel there are plenty that are close by and good. I like to go into food that is not available daily and I like to mix and match ideas as I pick them up in my reading. I have been pondering how to arrange these for the last few months. Truthfully, I couldn't come up with a good way. So this morning as I was walking between rooms upstairs, I decided to just put all I want into this blog and list it as IDEAS. They will consist of short thoughts and plans I want to do in the kitchen. It will evolve as time goes by but what the heck, this is my blog. Good luck to myself Ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the only way to start your passion in cooking is to let people try your cooking. ............so start cooking now while i still don't mind being the guinea pig......'cos
haven't taste the best yet....still waiting patiently.....