Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Reading and Language

Just came back from the library after spending 3 lovely hours browsing through their red spotted books. Saw books on places to see before you die, events of the world since 2000BC, ways to decorate your home and so many other lovely books big and colourful. Brought about these thoughts
  • If I don't love books, I will never have read so many things
  • If I am not proficient in English, I will never have read those books
  • Will those not proficient lose out so much or is it a case of 'what you don't know don't hurt you"
  • Will keeping people not informed have any bearings on their life?
  • Have all those who wanted BM ever sat and drool over books?
  • Is politics, nationalistic feelings a fair exchange for ignorance?
  • Finally,should we just close our eyes and say a prayer and God will take care of everything?
I really can't decide.

No comments: