Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Away from Cyberspace

Been nearly 10 days away from the cyberspace.

So I finally got a second opinion and last week went for a diagnostic test. Had to be hospitalised and undergo general anaesthetic.After that, had been waiting patiently 8 days for the laboratory results. In the meantime, big sister did a good job of feeding me with confinement food. Au was a wonderful substitute mummy and ran the house with only my oral guidance.

On the bed having minimum movement make one do a lot of reflections.



On doctors.

It is so sad that he is a typical male, old man, mercenary and egoistic.But he has good points too so I just had to grin and go along with his mannerism.What is it with these old doctors ? Someone need to insist on them going for an hour talk on people relationship. Well, at least this one didn't sound like it is terminal for me. As a matter of fact, didn't even want to mention the word cancer.And he reassure that for every problem there is a solution. So I guess one can't have everything!That brings to mind the sad state of patients who can only afford Government aided hospital. From no-choice-cancer-patient to no-worry-we-have-a solution-to-everything. What a difference. and What a price difference too: free to RM3500 (to date)that's reality for you.



On hospital

Please please please don't encourage hospital PR officers to call 'just to have a courtesy call'. I had one and 2 reminders for my appointment. And imagine the stress I felt each time I answer a call that say, 'hello ,I am from hospital -----' You can hear my heartbeat !Don't they know that they represent bad news! It is like getting a phone calls from the mortuary!On the other hand, they are trying to make a difference but not a very good one only.



On siblings

My late mother should be proud to know that in giving us 5 siblings each, she has actually inculcated in us care for each other when the time arises.Every time without fail, in times of need, we are always there for each other (on the other hand during happier times, we might not even see each other for maybe years!)For the next generation, siblings are less,hopefully cousins get closer.I for one, couldn't see my nieces and nephews as nothing but next to my own.Thank you to my dear dear brothers and sister for the care and concern you shown for the past 2 weeks.



My children and hubby

These 10 days help me to realise a lot about them.About accepting them, and the character they represent.Loving them without reservations. Realising that they are independent for their age and should I have to leave, they will survive.



Now that cancer is not in the list, it is time to take those expensive medication for improved health. With God's grace, I should be much better in 6 months time to do more things

Thank you Lord for loving me and showering me with all the blessings.

2 comments:

djun said...

love makes the world go round :D it is always good to know that it is always there ever ready to shower us when we need it :D hope to see more smiles painted on your face :D:D:D

winnie said...

Yippie!!!

=D

Wonderful wonderful news!!!

*big hugs*