Thursday, August 7, 2008

Loving What You Do

Was on the mail with a close friend who is better than me in that she is still 'surviving' in the service.
Sad thing is that she is feeling tired and is wondering what her next step should be. This got me thinking on the paradox-like situation. She who is dedicated is tired and needed the rest. But if she rest, it is a lost to others.
She who view the profession as a form of passing time will never be tired. She in turn will stay on and on but with no passion for the job.The clients in turn will not receive what is due to them.
If I had been able to let go and just sit it out like my 'superior' at PPD advised, wouldn't I be still in the service?. Wouldn't I have benefited from the extra income?
But then will that be me? No.If I couldn't even take my medical leave and recover, how could I sit in the chair and do the minimum.
Bottom line is ..... we do what we feel we need to do. As I always tell the children, there can never be a right or wrong decision. We can never run our life twice parallel with that one different decision so how are we to know if the particular decision is right or wrong.
More important is before making a decision,we should consider as many aspect as we can and choose the path we think is best. Once decided ,never look back. Look only forward and take the next possible positive action.
Unconsciously, I have always subscribe to this. That is why from young, whenever I was asked if I have any regrets the answer is always in the negative. Over love, over family, over my career and my actions. I believe in loving all you can, giving my best, working out every obstacles the best way I could find and more importantly, never expecting returns.They will come if it is to be.Otherwise, happiness should be just doing it. If along the way we could help others, all is well. If we can't help others, at least try not to hurt others. ( at the same tone, I would also declare that I for one will not insist if others resist.That means never say no to me . I will not extend the hand again. Is that bad? well................................ I don't know but for the time being that is me!)

ps ST ,everything will be OK. There is no wrong decision . Will stand by you whatever you do. love

No comments: