Friday, July 5, 2013

SMK(L) Bukit Bintang

This is the school I did two years of per u studies
This is the school I first met my husband.
This is the school I did my teaching practise
This is the school I spend 95 percent of my teaching career
This is the school where I was a student, teacher, administrator and also an OBA committee member.
This is the school my sons went through their secondary school life
This is the school that I was so much part of at all levels not out of choice and seriously not out of instant love.

This week the school sees the retirement of two administrators who are also good friends. Ever since I left it seven years ago, I had wanted to go back just to see the school and ex colleagues . For various reasons, I did not. Now, the reasons get smaller and more distant. It is the ending of an era of my involvement  with SMK (L) BB.

The school is unique in a way. The first four headmasters whom I have the privilege to know comes in sizes s, m, l and a lady all very different in physical sense. They are four different races and they each have years and years in the school.

The students are unique too. We have the powerful, the best , the rich, the poor. Most from the 70s through the change of the century have a common opinion of the school if ever they are called back. Personally I think they are wonderful and they have strong attachment to certain teachers.

Other personal opinions are best not said or written.
Happy retirement to my two friends

No comments: