Saturday, November 3, 2012

facebook


Is facebooking bad?. Is Internet destructive for the family and social life?

An excess of anything is bad. My son reads so much that punishment includes taking away his books. Another son is so dedicated to his work that he has to be scolded by his friends and bosses.
Similarly too much time spend on the Internet will definitely disrupt and has a negative impact.

Otherwise...........
Through facebook

I got to meet up with friends from yesteryear as far back as 40 years
I manage to update my children not residing with me the happenings of home
It alerts me which of my friends needs an encouraging word or just a smile.
I get to know that they are well We sometimes just need to know that others are OK without the need of spending hours on the phone and drafting  a polite letter
I am exposed to others' interest like the types of cars, the beauty of flowers, charity works and inspiring quotations.
I am perked up when I sees a cheery hello to the world or someones jokes.
I get to share the joy of my friends as they travel or celebrate birth and anniversaries not forgetting the grief and sadness when they lose someone.
I can get connected to support groups for various happenings
I get updated with my friends as I let them get to know me too.

So facebook is not bad but if we got our priorities wrong at dinners and social function, frisking thro' it while others are around, then it is bad

No comments: