Monday, August 10, 2009

sociology

When I was first introduced to this subject 31 years ago, it was defined as the study of human with his social surroundings. No man is an island. the only way one can avoid social contact is to live like a hermit up in the hill. but then if we think a little deeper, one still interact with the fauna and flora which in turn will affect others including humans. Bottom line is, you can't escape. So we need to give others consideration. We have no choice. We let them settle in our lifes in their own ways.
In living with others, I like to remember that I am what I am due to others. Everyone I met has a contribution to what I am today. I have parents who gave me life and love meunconditionally giving me all the best and taking second best themselves. Being a parent now, I understand them much better today and understood what they went through.
People I met and came in contact broadened my views and exposes me to the reality of life. Authors who wrote provokes my thoughts I gathered the happiness and the bitterness of life and I am still learning and gathering. Till the day I breath my last, I will be learning.
I understand and accept their contributions with their roles and plan to be a better person as life goes on. I may have my own thoughts and opinions but I have no wish to hurt others who differ from me. (If I can help, at least let me not hurt)I honour my parents and place them high on my hierachy of importance. But that does not mean I don't honour God. I did my best in life to make them proud of me showing them that I appreciate their sacrifice. And that does not mean that God has no role in my lifet.Doing my physical best and accepting God's role in my live is like loving your husband and your children. Loving him more does not mean I love my children less.Accepting faith and taking an active part in my life can run hand in hand and do not mean I am putting one down for another.
p.s
hopefully this ends my present series of deep thoughts and putting in line disturbing opinions.

No comments: