Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

2008 seem to have pass thro' so fast. Before I know it, it is the new year.
The past year has been quite a year for me personally. Top most on my mind is my second son leaving home for his clinical studies in Seremban. Not far but not next to me either. I believe it has been an eventful year for him too. Physical change, emotional roller coaster and I believe he has either learn to put on a very good show to me OR he has grown up very fast. I believe it is a bit of both.In the new year, I would say a prayer for him to approach life positively whatever it offers. Everything can be overcome.
My little princess too has grown up a lot. She too has got her driving license( which gave her and me a lot of freedom), received 2 major exams results and has demonstrated to be a very strong girl while keeping her feminine side. Although she didn't achieve the best results as she aimed for,I am glad she has tried her best and is ready to move on to the next phase with varsity life. She is independent and I only need to pray that she will continue to be happy and enjoy her new varsity life.
My eldest son is the one child that I always felt I have to be on the alert.At times when I turn morbid and thinks about my death, I always feel that he will be at the top of my mind. Not because I love him most but I always have to pray that God will take care of him and do what I couldn't do for him. He has a very determined character sometime a little bit too strong.He tries very hard and for that I am both grateful and still worried.
My new year resolution is to remind myself to leave or maybe accept things as it is.Some days will be easier than others. Like I said earlier, if I am to die today, I will have to accept Ad as he is, pray that Ed will be strong and Au to find a love that will keep her company.(being the only girl in the family). As for my hubby, He will be OK.He has my blessing to find a new one which I believe he will. With my kids having grown up,there shouldn't be a problem.
With the new year, I think I will be having new thoughts and feelings which I would like to write about as time goes by. I would also like to reflect on good friends who have touched my life.
Happy New Year to one and all.

2 comments:

djun said...

what solemn thoughts for the new year. it is not my intention to continue it but in my opinion, to worry about life for others is noble but tearful. no one can truly predict the future or know what lessons are to be learn for another. prayer and faith that no one on earth is born to suffer is good thoughts to go to sleep with. happy new year.

chua said...

dear djun
I do agree that I was feeling a bit offbeat.Wishes for others and prayers are meant to be hopes that those you love are at best.