Friday, April 18, 2008

Being Discipline

If blogging teaches me anything, the first thing would be to be discipline. I am still suffering from the old virus of opening other sites and never reaching here. So early this morning I told myself this will be the first page I will open irregardless what the world is saying. So here I am.
The last 2 odd months has been busy. A lot has happened to every one around and that includes me. Starting with daddy, he has now moved office to PJ.I went to visit the place even before renovation started because we wanted to see the direction of his room. He is given the 'boss' room in his floor and has all his 'little' and 'big' girls with him all within reach! Unfortunately, the room looks like a quarter of a cake (is this shape getting popular with architects or what!) with 6 panel glass for the curvature. It possesses a challenge to my limited feng shui knowledge. His boss' boss too had a say and the fact that the new furniture was purchased without any thought to the roomdid not help. Fortunately with the help of the compass and our innovation, we had a few twisting and turning of the table and cupboards, I am glad to say that it is up to our satisfaction. To end the event, I would like to record my appreciation to Ad for going along when we speak of feng shui and directions in his presence and not kick a fuss. (For the record, we know his passion into Christianity but I for one always believe in being 'non extreme')Thanks too to Ed for helping to move the furniture the last time. By the way the whole office has nothing but cavities as walls as oppose to a flat plane! Another architectural style?
At this time and place, Ed is busy with his last minute preparations for his IMU ball. He took up the post with quite a bit of concern towards his studies and I don't blame him as I too was a bit worried. I am glad he managed well and I think he has done a wonderful job as a leader. He managed to get the various committees working and he had the patience and PR to handle all sorts of characters. I am proud of him and told him so. I have always advocated that there are many things in life that no textbook or educational institution can teach you. The family has decided to dress him up with a suit and bow complete with special shirt and new shoes. (Only lacking is a girl's hand to hold for the night, ha ha ha). We wish him luck and would say a prayer for him to have a successful event tomorrow night. He had grown up mentally early and his teachers saw that potential in him when he was the assistant head prefect during his lower secondary days. With that, I think I would feel pretty relaxed as he proceeds to his next phase of education.
Au had her SPM results. Relatively speaking, it was a wonderful result with straight A's. But she has always had high goals and therefore was not too happy with the results. It was so touching seeing the 2 brothers playing their roles and talking to her. Her tears never flow in my presence but mothers always know what a child feels. (Is that a gift?) Right now all is well and she is working hard at her pre U program. She has also just got her driving license and she could drive confidently and well. Am I glad she is the last one and no more motor tutoring for me. It can be pretty nerve racking. No offence to my 3 kids.
All in all, the kids are getting on fine No doubt many things they do still give me sleepless nights and you hope they will be fine. It becomes a skill of seeing them take risks but you have to restrain yourself from helping. You hope to help but not let them know you are helping. You worry and care but not show. Simple as it sounds but God knows how hard it is to follow.

No comments: