Saturday, February 25, 2012

ENVY

I am 55 years old this year, I worked nearly 30 years during which I met people of all ages.I came from a big family of 6 siblings and a large extended family. I married into a family which is just as large and complex.
I met with all kinds people and they express all kinds of feelings. Of which one adjectives just piss me off.

Envy. When they think you are well, they are envious, when you are down, they love to play saviour. Is it necessary? Why envy? My Saviour tells me that all things happen for a reason and everything is His will. Why question? When that understanding dissolved into me, I found peace and I pray that many others may enjoy the peace like me. When we see someone smiling, there were times, she was sad. When she is sad, she had good time  before.So why calculate and be jealous when others are well. Be sincerely happy for them. The equation of life is endless and we can't see everything.Why then do we try to equate and justify?

When some one is well off in material, she most probably worked for it. Nothing came down from the sky except His blessings. A CEO may earn a lot but he gave and sacrificed a lot too.When there is great achievement, there was great input.Why envy?

When someone has a beautiful house, it was because she put a lot of effort into it. When they have a happy family, it is because they know how to be satisfied. When their children are loving, it is because they have been exposed to a loving family and they made an example of it. Yes no doubt sometimes it is not so simple. At times like that, pray and pray. H e knows but let His will be done.

One step further. When you receive a blessing be thankful He gave you and be gracious that someone prayed for you. Be thankful. It make us happier and a much more pleasant person to be with.Others are unfortunately human. We pray to love others. Make it a little easier on us to love you.

No one owes you anything. No body is obligated to share with you what they sow but if they do, be grateful.

1 comment:

chua said...

maybe the word should have been 'Jealousy' but it sounds so ugly